Agencies working together
The Inter-Agency Emergency Management Office (IAEMO) Major Emergency Management (MEM) Region South, is comprised of five key agencies:
- An Garda Síochána
- HSE South
- Local Authority - Cork County Council
- Local Authority - Cork City Council
- Local Authority - Kerry County Council.
The Inter-Agency Office is located in the (previous) Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, Western Road, Cork T12 WP62, Ireland. Tel N°: 021/492 1621 & 021/492 1690
Logo of the Inter-Agency Emergency Management Office:
Duties of the Inter-Agency Emergency Management Office:
- To Provide support on a full time basis to the participating agencies in the consideration and implementation of their responsibilities in planning and preparing for their response to Major Emergencies in the Cork & Kerry Area.
- Chair the SEVESO/COMAH group and report to the Regional Working Group, (RWG). Undertake work on behalf of the RWG and other subgroups in relation to Major Emergency Management.
- Undertake work on behalf of the Regional Steering Group, (RSG).
- Co-ordinate the preparation of mandatory External Emergency Plans (EEPs) for SEVESO/COMAH sites.
- This preparation to include pre test planning, public consultation, testing and reviewing the 15 Upper Tier SEVESO sites in the MEM Region South.
- Review and issue the completed Major Emergency Plans to nominated individuals within the Principle Response Agencies, (PRAs).
- Co-ordinate and develop liaison between the participating agencies and the voluntary agencies.
External Emergency Plan Public Consultation:
- Public consultation on a draft External Emergency Plan for FloGas, Tivoli, Cork will take place from Wednesday, 27 July 2016 to Tuesday, 23 August 2016 inclusive, excluding weekends and the Public Holiday on 1 August 2016. Viewing days and times are between 09h30 and 16h30.
- A draft copy of the External Emergency Plan for FloGas, Tivoli, Cork is available for examination at the following locations:
- The FloGas Tivoli Public Consultation Feedback Form is available as a PDF document HERE. RightClick (PC) / CtrlClick (Mac) and select download etc.